Communications & Digital Resources Coordinator
Title – Social Media & Digital Resources Coordinator
Department(s) – Education
Reports to – Curator of Education
This position works directly with Education staff in the conceptualization, development, and
delivery of educational multimedia resources for the FIA's permanent collection and temporary
exhibitions for a wide range of audiences. Educational media include podcasts, online, print, and
Summary of essential job responsibilities
• Maintain the Education department's Facebook and other social media pages
• Upload and maintain online digital resources
• Assist with the documentation of Education programs including filming, editing, and
uploading videos to the Internet
• Work closely with the FIA's website manager to ensure web content is accurate,
accessible, and uploaded on schedule
• Manage assigned projects, meet deadlines, and participate in department team meetings
• Share knowledge of online/emerging media with colleagues.
• Other duties as assigned by the Curator of Education.
Bachelor's in communications, journalism, public relations, or related field. Knowledge of art
Strong visual and concept design abilities; facility and comfort with multimedia creation and
editing; knowledge of or ability to learn applications such as iMovie, iDVD, Photoshop, and Flash;
and experience using iTunes and YouTube for uploading and downloading content.
Send cover letter answering the following questions, resume, and list of 3 references to:
• Do you have social media experience?
• Have you filmed, edited, and uploaded video to the Internet?
• Do you have experience in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field?
Social Media & Digital Resources Coordinator Search
Flint Institute of Arts
1120 E. Kearsley St.
Flint, MI 48503
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.