Reports to Curator of Education. This position is responsible for planning and conducting K-12 outreach programs, gallery lessons, and studio activities as needed.
• Planning and conducting comprehensive art lessons for groups participating in the K-12 art program.
• Providing written assessments of student progress as required.
• Organizing and hanging student exhibitions.
• Organizing and maintaining art supplies.
• Assisting other education staff in presenting education programs as needed.
• BA or BS in art education from a recognized college or university.
• Michigan K-12 Teaching Certificate required.
• Ability to drive a car and lift up to 20 pounds
Send cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references to:
Art Educator Search
Flint Institute of Arts
1120 E. Kearsley St.
Flint, MI 48503
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.